S.O.A.P Journal #Day1
The path of life is not easy… Life is filled with trials such as sadness, disappointments, accidents, diseases, sufferings and death, there are also trials such as seductions which will lead us to evil thoughts and ways too.
There is a way to conquer and triumph trials in our daily life, what is that? It is possessing a spirit of joy which enables our faith to rise and develops perseverance. As for me, the definition of having faith simply means believing in it or seeing it happen before achieving it…
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. ~James 1:2-4
- The fact: We will face many trials and temptations in life.
- The attitude: We need to be joyful/ positive.
- The end result: We will become mature and complete
The big question would be why is there trials or temptations?
My answer would be:
- When we triumphantly go through the trials of life, we become a much stronger person – more enduring and persevering.
- Through these lowest moments of our lives, we would also reflect and turn from our ways to be a better people too!
- You will be a good testimony to those who are going through the same situation as you, we demonstrate the living presence that with God, all things are possible through Christ Jesus who strengthens us! – that He truly lives in our hears and give us eternal life.
I guess we are stubborn many many times, we rise and fall in our decisions~ Many times, we think we can’t do it when we face with trials. We chose to run away from responsibilities and we didn’t challenge ourselves to go an extra mile to see what lies ahead of us~ We have lost before the battle even started, we lost to our own thinking and unable to test our limitations.
So many times, I have given myself excuses to be comfortable, but deep inside there is a cry hungry for change, growth and maturity… I will not forget this message, to remind myself to be always pressing forward to build a better future for myself and my family!
- To start with re-setting my goals and priorities
- To welcome trials with positive thinking
- To learn more patience and the art of perseverance
Let’s build a better future together!
Shu Yi (xoxo)